This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 8 January 2016

Ballerina Belles

I've had such fun creating my new collection of little fairy dolls in my new design. Its sparked a real excitement in me to be crafting again...Each one is unique and is dressed in wonderful vintage textiles and trims. I've invested in some beautiful pieces of hand beadwork and embroidery, and have loved incorporating them into my work. 
Here is part of the line-up that I have just listed in my etsy store. 
'Stardust' 
I'm sold - Thank you! 
***
'Spring Joy'
***
One of my favourite character dolls to make is Miss Havisham
I'm sold - Thank you! 
***
'Valentina'
***
'Darcy'
***
'Lotus Blossom'
I'm sold - Thank you! 

'Thistledown'
***
And inspired by my 'bunny girls' that I made last year...

I thought I'd go one better and make an actual bunny! 
This is Roberta...I'm now inspired to try other animals too...oh the possibilities!...this could be such fun! :)
I'm sold - Thank you! 
Hope you'll enjoy browsing my shop if you have a moment.
Have a fabulous weekend,
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Niki! You are really outdoing yourself! These are so sweet. I especially like Spring Joy, Thistledown and Miss Havisham! I wish shipping wasn't so expensive! Just out of curiosity, how big are these lovely ladies, approximately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willow - Many thanks for your kind remarks...Stardust is just off on her way to the States! I don't charge for packaging, only 'actual' shipping costs through Royal Mail...This is 7.70GBP for one boxed fairy.
      I don't use patterns for my work, so each one is unique, but they average approx: 15cm tall (7") - Actual measurements are on each listing on etsy - Hope that helps and have a lovely weekend, Niki x

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Niki! Good to know! How nice to hear about the shipping! I expected it to be quite a bit more than that! :) When I send things to my family in the Midwest here it is ridiculously expensive!

      Delete
  2. Wow! They are absolutely gorgeous
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie - I am pleased with them...just wish I could photograph a truer likeness as I think they are nicer 'in the flesh'...
      Thanks for your visits here - have a lovely weekend, Niki x
      PS: Am going to email you about something, so look out for it! ;-))

      Delete
  3. Good morning Niki,your girls are just lovely,i love 'Spring Joy' and her puffed up skirt. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x