This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Thursday 8 August 2013

Bottling Things Up

I gave a plain chocolate brown draylon headboard a makeover this week, by stapling a cheerful Sanderson floral fabric in place. Headboard will fit a standard 5' king-size bed. 

A little French vitrine was also in need of some TLC...

A couple of coats of pale grey paint soon had it looking a lot smarter.
Thought I'd jazz-up some empty antique bottles, too. I used snippets from a French magazine dated 1909 to create the labels on the fronts, and scraps of vintage lace were tied to the necks.


All have arrived at my shop today. 



Bottle/brooch combos.

These were another little make I created this week. I'd dried some pretty pink roses a while ago - I was able to gently squeeze a flower head inside the neck of each of the clear glass bottles. Scraps of lace accompanied them and I sealed each one with tightly rolled-up sheet music.


Looking forward to making lots more pieces for the shop and all the vintage fairs coming up (a list of the fairs I am attending can be found on my other blog and my website.)
Niki x