This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Saturday 15 June 2013

Lace and Lilacs

A lovely lady brought in some pretty vintage linen's to my shop a couple of weeks ago, that had all belonged to her mother. She asked me to use them in some of my crafts.
 There was a gorgeous set of napkins which had been obviously loved and enjoyed over the years as they had been repaired several times. I salvaged the good bits and used the beautiful hand stitched embroidered details to decorate these French linen lavender-filled hearts.
A hanging loop and glass bead finished each one.


Another heart made from C19th French linen with monogram.
***

I also made a pretty shoulder bag today. I used a vintage fabric printed with lilac blooms. 
Lined inside with French linen. It fastens with a Deco button and fabric loop.
A vintage costume brooch completes the picture!
Niki x