This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 9 March 2012

Face the Music!

One of my recent acquisitions for the shop was this little painted table. As you can see, it was a little scruffy...
So I re-painted the legs and underside in a soft cream colour.
I then rubbed in a coat of antique furniture wax to protect the surface.
The top I decided to finish with pages of antique sheet music, which I glued in place.
To protect the table top, I added several layers of clear furniture wax, which I built up and buffed to a shine.

These old tables are very useful about the house as somewhere to stand a lamp, telephone or flower arrangement.

*
*
I have three of them in the shop at the moment in various sizes and finishes. This one I painted a lovely c1930's style green, which would look perfect in a conservatory or bathroom.
*

The other has a white distressed paint effect and is of a slightly larger size.
Thanks for stopping-by.
Have a great weekend,
Niki x