This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 13 January 2012

Fabulous Florals.


The hand embroidery on this vintage linen is so beautiful - I wanted to use it where it would be seen, used and enjoyed...So I made a pair of cushions. The handmade crochet lace is pretty too, so I kept this as part of the design...front and back!

*
I have used the last piece that I had of the French embroidered linen today too, on this patchwork cushion.

It has an envelope back with tie fastenings, made from a vintage floral cotton fabric (with new feather filled pad inside.)

Looking ahead to a fresher, spring-like home :)

*
I also made-over another pair of vintage shoe stretchers - I used antique lace and soft pink velvet ribbon.

*

*

Niki x