This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Thursday 1 April 2010

Easter at Nostalgia at No.1


With Easter just around the corner now, I have been working with a more light and bright colour palette for my hand made items. A customer to my shop asked if I could make a rabbit doll for her - I used to make rabbits about 10 - 12 years ago (which you may just about be able to make out in the photo below from that time)...

I hadn't made a bunny for many years, but it soon came flooding back and I am pleased with the end result...the lady was too and 'April' as I called her, sold today.

She wears a pretty paisley cotton dress and a cosy mohair jacket to keep out the chilly air that still seems to be with us.

I also completed a cushion today. I used an old wool embroidered picture of a cottage surrounded by a spring garden, which I teamed with a vintage Sanderson linen fabric printed with a hunting scene.

*

Happy Easter to you!
Niki x